Award The Order of Glory 3rd class (Орден Славы), Russian Army 1943 CCCP WW2.
Exact replica, complies with the original metal badge, screw back.
Warning: Last items in stock!
The Order of Glory (Орден Славы) was a military decoration of the Soviet Union established by Decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet on November 8, 1943. It was awarded to soldiers and non-commissioned officers of the Red Army as well as to aviation junior lieutenants, for bravery in the face of the enemy.
While the overwhelming majority of all Order of Glory awards was for combat valor in the Second World War (or the Great Patriotic War as it is known across the countries of the former Union of Soviet Socialist Republics), there are documented instances of awards of the order's lowest class - its third class - for post-war Soviet military operations. Numbering among these were Order of Glory Third Class awards authorized for Soviet operations in support of the Korean War from 1950-1953 as well as for the Soviet military intervention in Hungary in the fall of 1956. A small number of Order of Glory Third Class awards was also made in connection with armed border clashes with the People's Republic of China in 1969.
The order became defunct with the dissolution of the Soviet Union. In 1992, the Cross of St. George was revived to serve the same purpose of recognizing enlisted personnel bravery.